Process Engineer, Melting
You will be an integral part of emerging Materials Engineering organization, pursuing our mission to provide Materials, Processes and Joining methods that equip Tesla's Engineers and Manufacturing Facilities with a competitive advantage in their mission to design and produce products that accelerate the world to sustainable energy. You will drive the integration and commissioning of our electric melting equipment, establish our foundry and drive the development of our new processes for aluminum high pressure die casting.
- Specify, design, install, commission and validate intelligent electric furnaces for melting and holding of aluminum alloys, plus associated molten metal transport and metal treatment systems for large scale die casting applications with custom alloying capability.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, collect data to identify root causes and develop sustainable solutions.
- Develop Expert Level Training requirements for operator depended equipment and processes.
- Develop, implement and improve documents and schedules,
- Identify and lead the development of automation projects as part of sustainability improvement projects.
- Investigate, develop and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Design and Implement Equipment Reliability Improvement Projects
- BS in Mechanical or related engineering degree, MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred,
- 5+ years of similar experience
- 2D/3D experience in Delmia, Catia, Solidworks or related
- Outstanding root causing and problem-solving skills
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.