Process Engineer, Cell Engineering
As Tesla continues to expand its business, we’re increasing our dependence on critical materials for batteries. As such, Tesla is looking to build a team of mechanical, chemical and process engineers to help find innovative process pathways to drive down cost and reduce the fundamental cost of battery material synthesis and process equipment.
- Develop schematic and detailed designs for novel chemical processing systems
- Interface with equipment suppliers through concept development, system design iteration, procurement, installation, and acceptance testing
- Develop operating procedures, safety protocols, and maintenance plans for large scale chemical process equipment.
- Support operations teams with achieving productivity and material quality targets on pilot and commercial scale systems.
- Work closely with battery materials R&D team for introduction of novel materials and new process methods at larger scale.
- Experience with design of parts including general dimensions and tolerances
- Basic knowledge of the manufacturing process and rapid prototyping
- 2D/3D CAD software – Solidworks/CATIA or other experience
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and innovate in a dynamic role
- Ability to build a mass/energy balance for a process plant in total or in part
- Knowledge of common chemical processes such as
- Filtration, thermal processing, liquid reactors, crystallizers
- Milling, blending, powder conveying
- Wastewater treatment systems
- Electrochemical processing of materials
· Working knowledge and experience with process simulation software
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering
- 0-3 years of industry experience
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and process flow diagrams
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.