Software Engineer – Vehicle Test Automation
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to join the Vehicle Software organization’s Systems Validation team with a focus on test automation. The primary responsibility of this team is to validate all system level software requirements prior to any new hardware or software release or new product introduction. As a software engineer, you will help build the infrastructure and tools to automate the execution of tests on full vehicle, or sub-system test setups. Tesla is continuously making improvements to its existing product line, as well as launching new products at a break neck pace. You will be responsible for delivering robust, modular and easy to use code, that enables the validation team to generate new test systems or add tests to existing systems quickly and efficiently.
- Invent methods and build technology to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently and repeatedly
- Specify, design, develop, integrate and maintain test automation frameworks and tools
- Hands-on system bring-up, debugging and code optimization
- Continually learn, set, teach and apply software best practices, tools and technologies
- Collaborate with validation engineers to integrate new test cases
- Promote and protect Tesla’s reputation as a cutting-edge company producing the world’s most exciting cars and shifting the paradigm of personal transportation worldwide
- BS in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with C and/or C++ for embedded systems
- Familiar with Linux/Unix environments
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design, CI/CD, code modularity and maintainability
- Experience with Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git a plus
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Experience developing automated test fixtures and systems
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing the essential skills above
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.