Software Integration Engineer, Chassis Controls
Tesla’s Chassis Controls team is seeking a Software Integration Engineer who will be a systems expert on chassis controls functions and will be responsible for ensuring that new chassis control software features are designed, implemented and validated to achieve Tesla’s standards for safety and customer experience.
As a software integration engineer, you are expected to be an expert of your system, have deep understanding of software – hardware dependencies and be able to communicate constraints, risks and mitigations to guide vehicle programs. You will employ sound systems engineering principles to guide a team of engineers through safety critical software development. You may need to wear multiple hats through the life of a program based on your system’s needs from performing fleet data analytics to writing code.
You are expected to move projects along at an aggressive pace – keeping track of program milestones and deliverables and pull together the contributions of many teams into a cohesive final product. You will also need to get your hands dirty in the details – dig through source code, root cause issues and propose solutions to complex problems, as well as test prototype firmware implementations in-vehicle at proving grounds around the world.
· Work with the design and development engineers throughout the engineering organization to ensure systems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions.
· Develop overall validation strategy for these features and work with validation teams to ensure test coverage and traceability.
· Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development and firmware validation teams to understand new component-level hardware changes and support them in firmware – both in manufacturing and for customer use – so that they can be seamlessly introduced to our vehicle platforms
· Develop and execute firmware integration test plans on new hardware components and firmware features to rapidly retire risk from new designs and provide feedback to the development teams.
· Work with manufacturing and service to ensure the functions are rolled out and functioning properly. This can include development of processes, diagnostic tools and methods, and root-cause diagnosis for product issues
· Design prototype test setups to integrate new subsystems with simulated and actual vehicle components
· Lead and participate in functional safety analysis of complex software systems. Develop the safety concept, lead HARA, DFMEAs and guide software design.
· BS degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
· Experience with systems involving multiple networked microprocessors and smart electro-mechanical actuators.
· Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and leading through influence.
· Experience with analyzing data to develop technical insights and make decisions.
· Ability to multi-task and context switch between orthogonal projects running in parallel
· Ability to communicate complex technical topics across organization levels and functions.
· Experience with C and Python are preferred
· Experience with vehicle systems and chassis controls is plus.
· Experience with CAN and Vector tools is a plus
· Experience with DFMEAs, HARAs, ISO 26262 development is a plus.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.