Sr. Software Engineer - Software Platforms, Audio Systems
· Develop drivers, middleware and interfaces to user-space applications for the audio subsystem
· Drive architecture and execution for audio software systems and hardware with the hardware and DSP engineers.
· Use existing available hardware in innovative ways to solve problems
· Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
· Write well structured, testable, efficient, and maintainable code
· Build and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
· Board bringup and hardware design validation
· 4+ years software/firmware development experience
· 2+ years experience w/Embedded Linux
· Excellent C/C++ coding skills
· Strong Linux kernel fundamentals
· Experience with audio systems (ALSA, audio framework, audioflinger, audio drivers)
· Experience with board /chip bringup
· Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
· Upstream contributions to Linux Kernel is a plus
· Contributions to involvement with open source projects is a plus
· Experience with RTOS or bare-metal embedded development is a plus
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.