System Validation Engineer, Powertrain Thermals
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Vehicle Software organization’s Systems Validation Team with a focus on thermal and HVAC management and controls. The primary responsibility of this team is to validate all system level software requirements prior to any new hardware or software release or new product introduction. The scope of responsibility includes functional, safety and performance requirements for all vehicle platforms. Tesla is continuously making improvements to its existing product line, as well as launching new products at a break neck pace. The validation engineer must maintain a close relationship with all members of the design cycle to guarantee they are prepared to rigorously test all new features and changes made in their area of responsibility.
- Interact with system architects, hardware designers and software developers, to maintain an expert understanding of vehicle thermal and HVAC systems and controls
- Develop and execute comprehensive system and sub-system level test specifications and test plans based on system requirements
- Invent methods and build tools to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently and repeatedly
- Develop test setups to integrate new subsystems with simulated and/or actual vehicle components
- Investigate field issues through data analysis and issue reproduction
- Dig into data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level and propose robust solutions
- Continuously look for ways to improve the safety, performance and customer satisfaction with Tesla products
- Promote and protect Tesla’s reputation as a cutting-edge company producing the world’s most exciting cars and shifting the paradigm of personal transportation worldwide
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical or Systems Engineeringor proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical software engineering experience
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with C and/or C++ for embedded systems
- Experience developing automated test fixtures and systems
- Experience analyzing and parsing data
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing the essential skills above
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.