Technical Program Manager
Technical Program Manager
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM - EPM) on the Vehicle and Services Software team, you will be responsible for leading a wide variety of cross-functional programs across vehicle/powertrain firmware, system integration, server systems, and diagnostics. In this role, you will lead the design and development of some of the most advanced and sophisticated firmware systems in the world, with unparalleled agility.
- Manage cross-functional software programs from end-to-end, covering a range of areas including powertrain/chassis/body firmware, server systems software, software/firmware platforms, and coordination with mechanical/electrical hardware teams.
- Develop and manage project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Work closely with engineering teams to effectively coordinate complex design inter-dependencies.
- Define and drive the schedule for upcoming new product launches and over-the-air firmware releases.
- Constantly work to evolve our processes towards increasing precision and dependability, while still maintaining the agility that has gotten Tesla to where we are now.
- Lead your teams with strength and confidence through rapid development cycles, changing requirements, and uncertainty.
- BS in computer science or electrical engineering, MS preferred.
- 10+ years' technical program management (TPM / EPM) experience managing consumer-facing software programs and/or embedded systems.
- Experience managing end-to-end product deployment — from concept through development and successful launch.
- Prior software or systems engineering experience and still understand code.
- Prior experience as a director of program management or as a sr. manager of program management or group program manager.
- Experience building, developing and managing highly effective program management tools and processes.
- Solid product sense with the ability to understand product architecture and as well as drive and criticize design decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills with ability to work in a highly cross-functionally environment.
- Excellent organization and delegation skills with ability to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of delivering projects on-time.
- Ability to inspire confidence in the executive team as well as the engineering project teams, as the face of your programs.
- Experience with complex electromechanical systems and/or safety critical systems is a plus.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3282 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.