As a member of the Reliability and Test team, you will support engineering’s effort to identify and
characterize potential hardware failure modes in Tesla vehicle systems and components. Your role
will implement vehicle firmware change requests across the majority of vehicle subsystems for the
purpose of component, system, and vehicle testing.
- Guided by firmware change requests from reliability and test engineering, work
collaboratively with firmware development teams, and release management as needed to
implement and release custom test branches.
- Modify existing vehicle firmware to widen protective limits preventing abuse testing,
eliminate dependencies on endpoints that may not be present in test applications, and
implement on-demand adjustments as necessary.
- Interpret any firmware change requests and independently identify, locate, and modify the
necessary C code.
- Deliver functional C code in a real-time embedded environment with expediency.
- Hands-on ECU and system debugging in a test environment.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or the
equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system
- Proficiency in C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus.
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Comfortable using standard lab electronics equipment and instrumentation.
- Capable of reading and interpreting PCBA schematics for developing and troubleshooting firmware.
- Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools.
- Controls software and algorithm development.
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
- Experience with TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers a plus.
- Knowledge in electronic/firmware control of various motor types a plus.
- Experience translating high-level programming language models (Python) to embedded targets a plus.
- As a full-time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your eligible dependents
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans (including infertility and transgender coverage)
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Voluntary plans such as critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, and pet insurance
- Voluntary Identity Theft and Legal Services plans
- Adoption and surrogacy benefits