Maximise Your Energy Savings
As an invited tenant, sign up for a free home assessment to join South Australia's Virtual Power Plant. On the Virtual Power Plant, you will receive the lowest energy rate in South Australia* while enjoying regular bill savings.
Maximise Your Energy Security
The Virtual Power Plant connects a network of solar-powered homes—providing backup power day and night, even during a grid outage. This allows for higher energy security and grid stability for the entire community.
Lower Energy Bills
You’ll receive the lowest electricity rate in South Australia*.
Powered by the Sun
A solar and Powerwall system will be installed on your home at no charge.†
Powerwall works with solar day & night to power your home, even during blackouts.†
Monitor your Energy
Seamlessly monitor Powerwall, solar and home energy use anytime, anywhere with the Tesla app.†
Here’s how the Virtual Power Plant has impacted the community.
Once you have signed up for a site assessment, a Tesla team member will be in touch to discuss next steps.
1. Tesla will schedule a site assessment
2. Sign up to retailer, Energy Locals
3. Notification on joining South Australia's Virtual Power Plant through installation of Tesla Powerwall, with or with out solar. If no installation of hardware is occurring, you will be connected to South Australia's Virtual Power Plant at this stage.
4. If eligible you will have a Tesla Powerwall, with or without solar, and/or solar system installed†
5. Connection to SA VPP
† Tesla will perform your home’s suitability assessment to determine one of the following options for your home:
- Tesla Powerwall and solar installed at your home
- Tesla Powerwall with no solar installed at your home
- No Tesla Powerwall or solar installed at your home, but with access to the lowest electricity rate in South Australia*
* Energy Locals & Tesla guarantee this offer will be the cheapest generally available single rate residential offer in SA, assessed against the entire market at each annual reprice (within 60 days of each financial year), until 31 August 2022. If a tier 1 Energy Retailer releases an offer with a cheaper rate between each annual reprice, Energy Locals and Tesla will reduce the SAVPP offer to align with the cheaper competitive offer (within 60 days of becoming aware of the cheaper offer). Read our FAQs or contact us to find out more.