South Australia's Virtual Power Plant
What is South Australia’s Virtual Power Plant
South Australia’s Virtual Power Plant makes electricity more affordable for you and your community. Switch your electricity and you will receive the lowest rate in South Australia1 for all electricity you use.
If your home is suitable for either solar, Powerwall home battery or both, we may install a system on your home at no cost to you, where you access sustainable electricity and battery backup for use during power outages. By switching you will be helping support South Australia’s energy grid and your community.
Register to join thousands of South Australians who are experiencing the benefits of the program.
Benefits of Joining
By registering for South Australia’s Virtual Power Plant, you are taking the first step towards saving on your electricity bill.
By joining you will receive access to:
- Lowest electricity rate in South Australia.1
- Back up power day and night in the event of blackouts.2
- Increase renewable energy generation in South Australia.
- No lock in contract energy plan.
The lowest electricity rate in South Australia, guaranteed.1
Access renewable energy while helping lower electricity prices across your community when solar is installed.2
Protect your home against blackouts with stored electricity when Powerwall home battery is installed at your home.2
Join Others in Your Community
How to Join and What Happens Next
- Start by registering your interest online or contact Tesla on 08 7100 1294.
- Once registered, we will be in contact to start the process of switching your electricity to Energy Locals, our energy retailer. Once your electricity is with Energy Locals, you will begin saving with the lowest electricity rate available in South Australia.1
- Tesla will be in contact to confirm whether we can install a system at your home.2
When connected you will pay the lowest rate for all the electricity you use, whether it comes from solar, Tesla Powerwall home battery or the grid. Any hardware installed at your home will be owned by Tesla and you will not receive a Feed in Tariff.