Maximise Your Energy Savings
As an invited housing SA tenant, sign up for a free home assessment to join South Australia's Virtual Power Plant. On the Virtual Power Plant, you will recieve the lowest energy rate guaranteed for two years while enjoying regular bill savings.
Maximise Your Energy Security
The Virtual Power Plant connects a network of solar-powered homes—providing backup power day and night, even during a grid outage. This allows for higher energy security and grid stability for the entire community.
Lower Energy Bills
You’ll receive the lowest electricity rate in South Australia*.
Powered by the Sun
A solar and Powerwall system will be installed on your home at no charge.†
Powerwall works with solar day & night to power your home, even during blackouts.†
Monitor your Energy
Seamlessly monitor Powerwall, solar and home energy use anytime, anywhere with the Tesla app.†
Here’s how the Virtual Power Plant has impacted the community.
Once you have signed up for a site assessment, a Tesla team member will be in touch to discuss next steps.
1. Tesla will schedule a site assessment
2. Sign up to retailer, Energy Locals
3. Notification on joining South Australia's Virtual Power Plant through installation of Tesla Powerwall, with or with out solar. If no installation of hardware is occurring, you will be connected to South Australia's Virtual Power Plant at this stage.
4. If eligible you will have a Tesla Powerwall and/or solar system installed†
5. Connection to SA VPP
* 22% lower than the Default Market Offer (DMO) (based on 4000kWh/year on an anytime tariff in SA Power Networks for 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021. The lowest annual price is $1,425)
† Tesla will perform your home’s suitability assessment to determine one of the follow options for your home:
- Tesla Powerwall and solar installed at your home
- Tesla Powerwall with no solar installed at your home
- No Tesla Powerwall or solar installed at your home, but with access to the lowest electricity rate in South Australia*