How to Create or Delete a Tesla Account
Your Tesla Account includes owner resources, guides and important updates. Combined with the Tesla app, you can do everything from remotely monitoring your vehicle and energy usage to transferring ownership.
Note: A Tesla Account is required to be added as an additional driver to a Tesla vehicle.
When you place your first order, you’ll be asked to create a password for your Tesla Account. Your email address is the email you used to place your order and your password is the password you created after submitting your order.
To create a Tesla Account without placing an order, follow these steps:
- Visit Create Account.
- Enter your information.
- Click ‘Create Account.’
If you want to change your Tesla Account password, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Tesla Account.
- Tap ‘Profile Settings.’
- Next to ‘Password,’ tap ‘Reset.’
- Follow the prompts.
If you can’t sign in to your Tesla Account or forgot your password, you can reset your password online.
You can request to delete your Tesla Account and the associated data at any time.
Note: Once your account is deleted it cannot be recovered.
Before deleting your Tesla Account, you must make sure you:
- Are not added as a driver for a vehicle.
- Have removed all active Tesla products.
- Do not have an outstanding balance.
- Do not have an active Tesla Insurance quote or policy.
- Do not have an active non-Tesla charging membership.
- Do not have an open Tesla Shop order.
- Do not have an open vehicle order.
- Do not have an open energy order.
If your account does not meet all the above criteria, you may not be able to delete your Tesla Account.
To delete your Tesla Account and data, follow these steps:
- Open the Tesla app.
- Tap the profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Tap ‘Account.’
- Tap ‘Security and Privacy.’
- Tap ‘Delete Account.’
You will receive an email confirmation once the deletion has been processed. Deleting your account may take up to 30 business days to process.