Track Mode V2
Track Mode V2 allows Model 3 Performance drivers to customize its handling, providing even more control over how their car behaves on track. Drivers can now fine tune their car’s performance, including motor balance, stability assist and regenerative braking. All Model 3 Performance customers will receive Track Mode V2 via a free over-the-air software update.
Track Mode V2 will come with several pre-set profiles as examples of how drivers can begin customizing their own preferences for specific track scenarios. Whether owners are interested in drifting, setting lap records, or moving between different settings to practice their car control, Track Mode V2 adds a new level of adjustability for drivers of all skill levels.
Track Mode V2 has begun rolling out to applicable cars in version 2020.8 or later. To access Track Mode V2 once you’ve received the update, select ‘Driving’ > ‘Track Mode’ on your touchscreen. You’ll automatically receive the latest version of Track Mode when it’s ready for your car – it can’t be requested. Connect to Wi-Fi to download and install sooner.
Track Mode V2 Highlights Include:
Vehicle Handling Customization
- Handling Balance: Shift motor bias from 100 percent front to 100 percent rear, adjusting how much torque is sent to each motor for different understeer or oversteer behaviors and initiate rotation and sustain slip angle.
- Stability Assistance: Choose the level at which the stability control systems are helping to control your car – from all stability systems on to off for full driver control.
- Regen Braking: Adjust how much deceleration is provided by the car’s motors and foundation brakes. This not only impacts how much physical braking force is required to slow the car down but also allows drivers to initiate their car’s rotation using the throttle pedal.
Real-Time Status Monitoring
- Optimal Vehicle Cooling: Post-Drive Cooling and Compressor Overclock extend track sessions by compensating for the higher temperatures generated by sustained, high-speed driving. Access Post-Drive Cooling and Compressor Overclock from Track Mode Settings.
- Vehicle Status: Get a detailed look at vehicle and sub-system temperatures on Model 3’s touchscreen. Track Mode utilizes real-time models to display battery, brake and motor temperatures and tire utilization.
- G-Meter: Tesla’s G-Meter will automatically track and record peak lateral and longitudinal accelerations. The G-Meter can be viewed in the Cards area of the touchscreen.
- Lap Timer: The touchscreen map now displays a Lap Timer. Follow the on-screen instructions to place a start/finish pin on the map. At the completion of each lap, the Lap Timer will show the duration of your last lap. It also displays the times associated with the previous and best laps in the driving session.
- Video Logging & Telemetry Data: Video and telemetry data is now downloadable to a USB drive so drivers can track and share their performance. Data is stored in a .CSV file and includes lap times, acceleration, deceleration, G-meter, vehicle thermals and tire utilization. To save data, plug in a USB flash drive with a folder named TeslaTrackMode. When ‘Save Dashcam for Lap’ is enabled, Track Mode stores a video of each lap in a driving session when using the Lap Timer.