Competitive leasing for your Model S, Model X or Model 3
Leasing combines a small down payment and low monthly payments with significant electric car tax credits when you drive a Tesla for your business.
There are several benefits of a Tesla lease:
- Variety of leasing terms that you can customize to fit your needs, in terms of both length of ownership and mileage
- Low minimum down payment
- Flexibility in ownership. After three years your lease ends, allowing you to receive a new Tesla.
- Significant tax incentives if you drive for your business. Speak to a tax professional for guidance.
If these options do not benefit you, compare to Tesla Lending.
Tesla Leasing terms include:
- Three year program with 10,000, 12,000 or 15,000 annual mileage options.
- Model S and Model X - $7,500 down payment, $695 acquisition fee and the first month's lease payment is due when picking up your Tesla.
- Model 3 - $3,000 down payment, $695 acquisition fee and the first month's lease payment is due when picking up your Tesla.
- No security deposit required.
Complete a lease application in your Tesla Account within 30 days of delivery to apply. A member of our Financial Services team will contact you within two days of receiving your application.
Use this calculator to estimate your monthly payment or compare with Tesla Lending.
Estimate your Lease Payment
|Down Payment + Trade In||Up to 25%|
|Due at Signing||$ including est. sales tax and registration|
|Down Payment + Trade In||$|
|First Month's Payment||$|
|Monthly Payment||$ including est. sales tax|
Price indicated does not include taxes and registration fees unless stated otherwise. You will be responsible for these additional taxes and fees. The payment calculations are provided for informational purposes only and may reflect assumptions that may not apply to you or lease terms for which you may not qualify. Tesla vehicles qualify for a federal tax credit up to $3,750 which is already included in the payment calculations.
Tesla leasing is available in AL, AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, ME, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WY.
Tesla Finance LLC Leases only
We have recently launched the Tesla Finance payment portal, which enables you to securely enroll in AutoPay. This means that you do not have to worry about missing a Tesla Leasing payment again. In the portal you can also do the following:
- Remit one-time payments
- Update billing information
- View account statements
Please note that this is not available to USB leases.
You can enroll in the payment portal by registering here, using your account number and zip code.
What happens if I submit an application in advance of 30 days before my delivery date?
Your application would need to be resubmitted within the 30 day window. This would initiate a new credit inquiry, which could increase interest rates. Keep your estimated delivery range in mind with submitting your application by checking in your Tesla Account.
Am I eligible for any incentives even though I am leasing my Tesla?
You may be eligible for some incentives in your state. We recommend speaking with a tax professional for guidance, as some incentives may depend on your personal tax situation.
Can I purchase my Tesla at the end of my lease?
You can purchase your Model S or Model X at the end of the lease for its residual value, plus remaining amounts owed under the leases, taxes, official fees, etc. associated with the purchase. Model 3 will not be available for purchase at the end of the lease. Review full terms in your lease agreement.
What happens if I terminate my lease early?
An early termination is allowed, however ending a lease early can be very expensive, costing thousands of dollars. Customers who lease should expect to complete their full term to avoid excess cost.
Tesla Finance LLC Leases only
Where can I make my monthly payments?
You have three different options to make your monthly payments:
- Enroll in the payment portal to make one-time payments or enroll in ACH debits.
- Payment by check. Mail your monthly payments to the Tesla Finance team.
- Tesla Finance LLC
- PO Box 4387
- Portland, OR 97208-4387
- Make your payments over the phone to the Tesla Finance team. Contact us at 1-844-837-5285 and select option 1. You will need your lease account number and your bank routing and checking account number. Payments by credit card are not accepted.
Do I need to notify Tesla Finance if I am moving?
Yes. Notify us of any registration or billing address changes as we may need to submit paperwork for a new title.
Why is there a charge for property tax on by bill?
Property tax is assessed by local tax authorities. As owner of the car, Tesla Lease Trust is required to remit payments for these taxes on your behalf, which are then passed to you as the lessee per your lease agreement. Contact us at 1-844-837-5285, or email us at TeslaFinance@tesla.com if you have any questions.
Are there insurance requirements?
Yes. There are minimum coverage requirements unless you’re subject to state-specific terms:
- $50,000 for property damage
- $100,000 for bodily injuries to any one person
- $300,000 for any one accident
- Physical damage insurance for full value of vehicle
- Maximum deductible: $2,500
Your lease comes with gap insurance.
How do I terminate my lease early?
Contact us at 1-844-837-5285, or email us at TeslaFinance@tesla.com for a settlement quote. The trade-in value you receive for your car will offset a portion of the settlement quote, and you will owe the remainder of the balance. An odometer disclosure form will need to be completed at the time of car return.
Can I transfer my lease to someone else?
Yes. Your lease may be transferred one time to a credit-approved assignee. Lease assumptions are not permitted in the final 12 months of your lease. Contact us at 1-844-837-5285, or email us at TeslaFinance@tesla.com for additional information.
Why is my payment amount different than expected?
There are several reasons why your payment amount may have changed:
- Change in sales or use tax
- Personal property taxes have been assessed
- A toll violation of parking ticket was paid on your behalf
Contact us at 1-844-837-5285, or email us at TeslaFinance@tesla.com for additional information.
Can I extend my lease?
If your account is in good standing, you can extend your lease for up to 6 months beyond the original end date listed on your lease. To apply for an extension, contact Tesla Finance at
(844) 837-5285 or TeslaFinance@tesla.com.
How do I prepare for the end of my Tesla lease?
Learn more about what to expect when you are nearing the end of your lease such as the return options, checklist and inspection.
What excess wear and use can I be charged for?
Review our Excess Wear and Use Guide. You may be able to avoid some charges by ensuring any damage is repaired prior to lease end inspection. Please retain a copy of the repair receipt.