Tesla Account Support
Your Tesla Account includes owner resources, guides and important updates. Combined with the Tesla app, you can do everything from remotely monitoring your car and energy usage to adding secondary contacts and transferring ownership.
Frequently Asked Questions
Basic Tesla Account Support
How do I update my Tesla Account preferences and information?
To update your information, log into your Tesla Account and select 'Account' to update your saved details.
How do I add additional credit cards?
You can add a credit card through your car’s charging screen or in your Tesla Account. Existing payment methods can also be edited or removed in your Tesla Account.
I have multiple Tesla products. How can I switch views?
You can switch views in two ways:
- Tap the product icon in the upper right-hand corner of your home screen and then select your desired product view
- Tap the 'Settings' gear icon on the upper left corner of your home screen and select the first option, 'Switch to [your other product name]', in the menu above 'Inbox'
How do I remove a product from my Tesla Account?
To remove a vehicle from your Tesla Account, contact us with the email address on file to submit your request. If you are removing an Energy product, email us. You will be notified by email once the removal process is complete.
I am a new owner who purchased a Tesla from a private owner or third party. What are my next steps?
Start by creating a Tesla Account. Next, contact us to request an ownership transfer. Once the request is processed, Tesla will contact you and ask for the following:
- Color copy or photo of your driver’s license or state/province ID
- Copy or photo of your title or registration
- If registering under a business, include your business card with your name and company name
- Email address used to create your Tesla Account, which will link to your car
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Type of purchase (from a private owner or third-party)
Once Tesla confirms the transfer, your ownership will be registered within your Tesla Account and you will have access to use the Tesla app to remotely control your car and schedule service appointments.
How do I reset the password to my Tesla Account?
To reset your password, follow these steps. If resetting your password doesn’t work, you can contact us to request a temporary password. If you are an Energy customer, email us. Log in with the temporary password provided, and click 'Account' in the top right corner to select your password of choice.
I have two Tesla Accounts. Can I merge them?
Yes. Contact us from one of the email addresses on file to request a merge. If you own Tesla Energy products in either accounts, email us to start the process. In your request, please include each email address for each product in the accounts you would like to merge, and which email address you wish to keep after the merge.