The Media Player displays on the touchscreen and is used to play various types of media. You can drag Media Player upward to expand it (allowing you to browse), and downward to minimize it so that just the Miniplayer displays. The convenient Miniplayer, which occupies the least amount of space on the touchscreen, displays what's currently playing and provides only the basic functions associated with what's playing.
Streaming services are available only when a data connection is available (for example, Wi-Fi or Premium Connectivity). For some media services, you can use a default Tesla account. For others, you may need to enter account credentials the first time you use it.
When listening to internet radio or a music streaming service, the options available on the Media Player screen vary depending on what you are listening to. Touch the next (or previous) arrows to play the next (and in some cases previous) available station, episode, or track. You can also play next/previous using the left scroll button on the steering wheel.
- Roll the scroll button on the left side of the steering wheel up or down to increase or decrease volume respectively.This adjusts the volume for media, voice commands, and phone calls.
- Volume may be adjusted based on your driving speed and climate settings.
- Touch the <> arrows associated with the speaker icon on the bottom corner of the touchscreen.
- To mute the volume, press the left scroll button. Press again to unmute.
- Pressing the left scroll button during a phone call mutes both the sound and your microphone.
You can adjust these settings:
- Tone: Drag the sliders to adjust the subwoofer and any of the five frequency bands (Bass, Bass/Mid, Mid, Mid/Treble, and Treble). If equipped with premium audio, you can adjust the level of sound immersion to make your music experience more engaging by dragging the immersive sound slider according to your preferences.
- Balance: Drag the center circle to the location in Model 3 where you want to focus the sound.
- Options: Set preferences for optional features. For example, you can turn DJ Commentary, Explicit Content and Allow Mobile Control on or off.
- Sources: Displays all available media sources and allows you to choose whether you want to show or hide each source. You may want to hide media sources that you never use. Once hidden, the media source does not appear on the drop down list in Media Player, nor will it appear in the app tray when you touch the App Launcher. You can re-display a hidden media source at any time by returning to this settings screen.
Searching Audio Content
Navigate to Media Player and select the drop down menu to change the media source to Caraoke. Or add Caraoke as an app in the app launcher. You can browse through various songs and select the song you want to sing. Touch the microphone icon to enable or disable the song's main vocals. Disabling the microphone leaves only the song's instrumentals and background vocals. Touch the lyrics icon (located next to the microphone icon) to enable or disable the song's lyrics.
Recents and Favorites
For most source content, recents and favorites display at the top for easy access.
Playing Media from Devices
USB Flash Drives
Insert a flash drive into a front USB port (see USB Ports). Touch , then touch the name of the desired folder. To play media from a USB connection, Model 3 recognizes flash drives only. To play media from other types of devices (such as an iPod), you must connect the device using Bluetooth (see Bluetooth Connected Devices).
Bluetooth Connected Devices
Pair your Bluetooth-capable device to Model 3 (see Bluetooth) to play stored audio files. Choose Media Player's Phone source, touch the name of your Bluetooth-connected device, then touch CONNECT.