Jacking and Lifting
Follow the steps below to lift Model S. Ensure that any non-Tesla repair facility is aware of these lifting points.
- Position Model S centrally between the lift posts.
- If your Model S is equipped with air suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off (see Jack Mode). Use the touchscreen to set the suspension as follows:
- Press the brake pedal, then touch Very High to maximize the height of the suspension.
- Touch to disable self-leveling.
- Position the lift arm pads under the
designated body lift points at the locations shown.WarningDO NOT position the lift arm pads under the Battery or side rails.
- Adjust the height and position of the lift arm pads to ensure that they are correctly located.
- With assistance, raise the lift to the desired height, ensuring the lift arm pads remain in their correct positions.
- Engage any lift safety locks. Follow the lift manufacturer's instructions.
If Model S is equipped with air suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off. To prevent damage when jacking or lifting the vehicle, you must activate Jack mode to disable self-leveling. Jack mode prevents the self-leveling that occurs even when Model S is powered off.
Press the brake pedal, then touch.
To deactivate, touch Jack Mode again.