Opening and Closing
Press down on a switch to lower the associated window. Window switches operate at two levels:
- To lower a window fully, press the switch all the way down and immediately release.
- To lower a window partially, press the switch gently and release when the window is where you want it.
Similarly, pull a switch to raise the associated window:
- To raise a window fully, pull the switch all the way up and immediately release.
- To raise a window partially, pull the switch gently and release when the window is where you want it.
If a window is left open unintentionally, Model Y can send a notification to the mobile app (touch , then choose Doors & Windows).
You can also enable Close Windows on Lock by touching . When enabled, your vehicle automatically closes the windows when Model Y locks.
Locking Rear Windows
To prevent passengers from using the rear window switches, touch Window Lock again.. To unlock the rear windows, touch
In the unlikely event that a window behaves unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open or close properly, goes down more than normal when the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially fix the issue.
To calibrate a window:
- Close the door with the affected window.
- Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
- Using the window's switch on the driver's door, raise the affected window until it stalls.
- Using the window's switch on the driver's door, lower the affected window until it stalls.
- Repeat step 3 and raise the affected window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated. If the issue continues after attempting the calibration procedure a couple times, contact Tesla.
UV Index Rating
The roof, windshields, and windows in Model Y are excellent at protecting you from UV (ultraviolet) rays. The glass components score less than 2 on the UV Index scale. Review your region’s UV Index specifications for more information. You are still responsible for taking the necessary precautions for sun protection.