Local Incentives - Scotland
Home Energy Loan Scotland
The Home Energy Loan Scotland includes a £6,000 loan to purchase a home battery storage system and a £5,000 loan to purchase a solar photovoltaic system. You can apply to receive two loans at a maximum of £17,500. Both loans are interest free.
- Residential property in Scotland
- Access to an existing renewable energy system or application to install a new one
- All applications must include a 'Letter of Sustainability' from a Home Energy Scotland Specialist confirming that a battery may be suitable for your property
- Installation of battery must take place within one year of requesting the incentive
- Completion of a post-installation Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) before claiming funding
- If the installation is part of a self-build project, you will need to provide planning permission documents with your application and title deeds with your claim
- If recommended in the energy report, loft and cavity wall insulation must be installed by the time the funding is claimed
The scheme is for residential properties only. To review loans available for small and medium enterprises, visit the Scottish Grants and Loans website.
More information: Home Energy Scotland