Creating a Driver Profile
When you first adjust the driver’s seat, steering wheel position, or exterior side mirrors, the touchscreen prompts you to create a driver profile to save these adjustments. Your profile also saves various preferences you make while customizing Model 3.
If you change the position of the driver’s seat, steering wheel, or exterior side mirrors after you have saved or chosen a driver profile, the touchscreen prompts you to Save the new position or Restore the previously saved position (other settings are automatically saved). To change a setting without saving or restoring, just ignore the prompt.
You can define an Easy Entry setting that moves the steering wheel and driver's seat to make it easy to enter and exit Model 3. Any driver can use the Easy Entry setting by associating it with their driver's profile. When the Easy Entry setting is associated with a driver's profile, the steering wheel and driver's seat automatically adjust when in Park and the driver's seat belt is unbuckled, allowing an easy exit from Model 3. When returning to the vehicle and stepping on the brake pedal, settings automatically adjust back to the settings used by the most recent driver profile (or based on the key if it's linked to a driver profile).
To use Easy Entry with a driver profile, ensure the Use Easy Entry box is checked.
Selecting Between Driver Profiles
- Navigation, temperature, lights and display settings.
- Autopilot and driving preferences.
Linking a Driver Profile to a Key
You can link a driver profile to a key (or keys) to allow Model 3 to automatically select the correct driver profile when the linked key is detected as you approach the vehicle and open the driver's door. To link a driver profile to a key, first ensure you are using your desired driver profile. Touch the driver profile icon at the top of the Controls screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to add a phone key, key card, or key fob (see Adding and Removing Keys). When finished, touch the driver icon to link the key to the desired driver profile. The name of the driver profile appears under the key to show that it is linked.
When Model 3 is in Valet mode, the following restrictions apply:
- Speed is limited to 70 mph (113 km/h).
- Maximum acceleration and power are limited.
- Front trunk and glovebox are locked.
- Home and Work locations are not available in the navigation system.
- Voice commands are disabled.
- Autopilot convenience features are disabled.
- The Allow Mobile Access setting cannot be changed
- HomeLink (if available in your market region) is not accessible.
- Driver Profiles are not accessible.
- The touchscreen does not display the list of keys that can access Model 3 (see Managing Keys).
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are disabled. When Model 3 is in Valet mode, you cannot pair new Bluetooth devices or view or delete existing paired devices. However, if a Bluetooth-paired device or a known Wi-Fi network is within range, Model 3 connects to it.
Starting Valet Mode
With Model 3 in Park, touch the driver profile icon at the top of the Controls screen, then touch Valet Mode.
The first time you enter Valet mode, the touchscreen prompts you to create a 4-digit PIN you will use to cancel Valet mode.
When Valet mode is active, the touchscreen displays the word Valet and the Valet mode driver profile displays on the touchscreen.
You can also use the mobile app to start and cancel Valet mode (provided Model 3 is in Park). When using the mobile app, you do not need to enter a PIN because you are already required to log into the app using your Tesla Account credentials.
If you forget your valet PIN, reset it from inside Model 3 by entering your Tesla Account credentials (which also cancels Valet mode). You can also reset your PIN using the mobile app.
Canceling Valet Mode
With Model 3 in Park, touch the Valet Mode driver profile icon at the top of the Controls screen, and enter your 4-digit PIN.
When you cancel Valet mode, all settings associated with the most recently used driver profile and climate control settings are restored, and all features are available.