Vehicle Identification Number
You can find the VIN at the following locations:
- Touch on the touchscreen.
- Stamped on a plate located at the top of the dashboard. Can be seen by looking through the windshield.
- Printed on the Statutory Plate, located on the door pillar. Can be seen when the front door is open.
- Cars manufactured in the Fremont Factory : The VIN is stamped into the right side upper door pillar and can be seen when the interior trim is removed.
- Cars manufactured in Gigafactory Berlin: The VIN is located on a label stamped onto the rear passenger door sill that can be seen when the interior trim is removed.
- Cars manufactured in Gigafactory Shanghai: The VIN is stamped onto the floor and can be seen by moving the front passenger seat rearward and lifting the carpet.