It is important to understand your vehicle's original tire sizes and pressures, and the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating). This information can be found on two labels attached to Model 3.
Both labels are visible on the door pillar when the front door is open.
- Tire Information Label
- Statutory Plate
Tire Information Label
The Tire Information label provides:
- The maximum number of occupant seating positions.
- The size of the original tires.
- The cold inflation pressures for the original front and rear tires. These pressures are recommended to optimize ride and handling characteristics.
Never change this label, even if you use different tires in the future.
In addition to the VIN, the Statutory Plate provides:
- GVWR - Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. The maximum allowable total mass of Model 3. This is calculated as the weight of Model 3, all passengers, fluids, and cargo.
- GAWR - Gross Axle Weight Rating for the front and rear axles. The GAWR is the maximum distributed weight that each axle can support.
Towing a Trailer
Model 3 supports the use of Tesla-approved roof racks using a Tesla mounting accessory. To install roof racks, you must use this accessory and you must use only roof rack systems that have been approved by Tesla (see Parts and Accessories). Failure to do so can cause significant damage.