Use voice commands to easily control settings and preferences without using the touchscreen. You can ask Model 3 to do just about anything, such as adjusting climate controls and media preferences. Available commands include most features that are managed by the touchscreen except driving-related commands, for example shifting drive modes.
- Adjust climate preferences.
- Tweak the windshield wiper speed and frequency.
- Control various aspects of your vehicle.
- Navigate to a location.
- Call a contact.
- Interact with apps and settings.
To initiate a voice command, press and release the right scroll wheel button on the steering wheel. When you hear a chime, make your request and the vehicle responds.
Examples of Voice Commands
Here is a list of example voice commands. This is not an exhaustive list. Tesla is constantly working to improve voice commands.
Adjust your climate preferences using voice commands:
- "Make it cooler"
- "Make it warmer"
- "Turn on/off the driver's seat heater"
- "Cool down the passenger"
- "Direct airflow to my face"
- "Sync climate"
- "Increase/decrease the fan speed"
- "Turn on/off rear defroster"
- "Set the temperature/fan..."
- "Turn on recirculate"
Update the windshield wiper speed and frequency based on changing road and weather conditions:
- "Speed up the wipers"
- "Increase/decrease windshield wiper speed by..."
- "Turn on/off the wipers"
You can also modify various controls in your vehicle using voice commands:
- "Sentry Mode on/off"
- "Keep my car safe"
- "Lock/unlock the doors"
- "Turn on Dog Mode"
- "Fold/unfold the mirrors"
- "Open/close charge port"
- "Start/stop charging"
- "Open service settings"
- "Open the glovebox"
To search for, or navigate to, a location, say:
- "Where is [location]?"
- "Drive to [location]"
- "Navigate to [location]"
- "Show nearby Superchargers"
- "I'm feeling hungry/lucky" (see I'm Feeling Lucky, Hungry).
- "Stop navigation"
- "Mute voice guidance"
If you have defined a navigation address for your home or work locations, you can use a voice command to navigate there by saying "Navigate home" or "Take me to work".
To call or text a contact on your Bluetooth-connected phone (see Phone and Calendar), say:
- "Call [contact name/phone number]"
- "Text [contact name/phone number]"
To listen to and adjust your media preferences, say:
- "Listen to [song name]"
- "Lower/raise the volume"
- "Skip to next"
- "Pause/play song"
- "Change the source to [media source]"
To improve voice command recognition accuracy, provide multiple cues in your command, such as artist and song.
Apps and Settings
Easily navigate through your apps and settings using voice commands:
- "Open [Toybox/browser/theater/phone]"
- "Search for..."
- "The screen is too bright"
- "Show me the Owner's Manual"
Some apps and settings are only accessible while in Park.
You can also file a bug report by saying "Report" , "Feedback", or "Bug report".
For a complete list of voice commands, go to https://www.tesla.com/support/voice-commands.