Jacking and Lifting
Follow the steps below to lift Model S. Ensure that any non-Tesla repair facility is aware of these lifting points.
- Position Model S centrally between the lift posts.
- If your Model S is equipped with air suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off (see Jack Mode). Use the touchscreen to set the suspension as follows:
- Press the brake pedal, then touch Very High to maximize the height of the suspension.
- Touch to disable self-leveling.
- Position the lift arm pads under the
designated body lift points at the locations shown.WarningDO NOT position the lift arm pads under the Battery or side rails, as shown in red.
- Adjust the height and position of the lift arm pads to ensure that they are correctly located.
- With assistance, raise the lift to the desired height, ensuring the lift arm pads remain in their correct positions.
- Engage any lift safety locks. Follow the lift manufacturer's instructions.
If Model S is equipped with air suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off. To prevent damage when jacking or lifting the vehicle, you must activate Jack mode to disable self-leveling. Jack mode prevents the self-leveling that occurs even when Model S is powered off.
Press the brake pedal, then touch.
To deactivate, touch Jack Mode again.