Jacking and Lifting
Follow the steps below to lift Model X. Ensure that any non-Tesla repair facility is aware of these lifting points.
- Position Model X centrally between the lift posts.
- If your Model X is equipped with air suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off (see Jack Mode). Use the touchscreen to set the suspension as follows:
- Press the brake pedal, then touch Very High to maximize the height of the suspension.
- Touch to disable self-leveling.
- Close the falcon wing doors.
- Position the lift arm pads under the
designated body lift points at the locations shown.WarningDO NOT position the lift arm pads under the Battery or side rails.
- Adjust the height and position of the lift arm pads to ensure that they are correctly located.
- With assistance, raise the lift to the desired height, ensuring the lift arm pads remain in their correct positions.
- Engage any lift safety locks. Follow the lift manufacturer's instructions.
Jack mode cancels when Model X is driven over 4 mph (7 km/h).
Jack mode may be unexpectedly enabled in situations where an object is supporting the vehicle's weight (for example the bumper of the vehicle is resting on a curb).
The air suspension system automatically self-levels, even when power is off. You MUST disable this system by engaging Jack mode before lifting or jacking. If you do not disable the air suspension, Model X can attempt to self-level, causing serious damage, bodily injury, or death.
Never raise Model X when the charge cable is connected, even if charging is not in progress.
Do not work on an incorrectly supported vehicle. Doing so can cause serious damage, bodily injury, or death.
DO NOT lift from under the Battery or side rails. Place the lift arm pads under the designated body lift points only. The locations shown are the only approved lifting points for Model X. Lifting at any other points can cause damage. Damage caused by incorrectly lifting Model X is not covered by the warranty.
If Model X is equipped with air suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off. To prevent damage when jacking or lifting the vehicle, you must activate Jack mode to disable self-leveling. Jack mode prevents the self-leveling that occurs even when Model X is powered off.
Press the brake pedal, then touch.
To deactivate, touch Jack Mode again.
Jack Mode automatically cancels when you drive over 4 mph (7 km/h).
Model X also sets Jack mode automatically if it detects that the vehicle cannot lower to its target height, or if it detects that an object is supporting the vehicle's weight (for example the bumper of the vehicle is resting on a curb).