Vehicle Identification Number
You can find the VIN at the following locations:
- Touch on the touchscreen.
- Stamped on a plate located at the top of the dashboard. Can be seen by looking through the windshield.
- Printed on the Product Plate, located on the door pillar. The Product Plate is located on the right side door pillar and can be seen when the rear passenger door is open.
- Cars manufactured in the Fremont Factory: The VIN is stamped into the right side upper door pillar and can be seen when the interior trim is removed.
- Cars manufactured in Gigafactory Shanghai before September 2020: The VIN is located on a label that is stamped onto the floor and can be seen by moving the front passenger seat forward and lifting the carpet.
- Cars manufactured in Gigafactory Shanghai starting September 2020: The VIN is stamped onto the floor and can be seen by moving the front passenger seat rearward and lifting the carpet.
The VIN can also be read using an Onboard Diagnostics II (OBD-II) code reader or scanner. For instructions, refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer of the OBD-II code reader or scanner. The ODB-II diagnostic port is located under the dashboard on the driver's side of the vehicle.