Prepare for Solar Roof Installation
Now that you’ve ordered your Solar Roof, Tesla will take it from here. While we plan for installation, you can track your order in your Tesla Account. Once your installation date has been scheduled, these are the things you will need to plan for.
Before We Arrive
- If you are part of a Homeowner’s Association (HOA), make sure you have approval before we arrive to install. We will not be responsible for any fees should you allow us to install without HOA approval.
- Let us know if any work has been done to your home since you ordered your system.
- Please clear your driveway and provide safe access to your existing electrical equipment.
- Make arrangements so that no other contractors or workers are on site during installation. If other workers are on site, we cannot start installation.
What to Expect on Installation Day
- Your installation may take up to two weeks.
- You or someone 18 years or older must be home for the first day of installation.
- For safety reasons, we will need to shut-off power for up to 6 hours while we set up your Powerwall system.
- The Solar Roof installation process requires that we have a dumpster on your property on the first few days of installation.
- If you have pets, please keep them away from the installation area for their safety.
When Payment Is Due
50% of your balance is due on the first day of installation. The remaining 50% will be due at the time of inspection (typically within a week after installation has been completed).
Your first loan payment is typically due 60-90 days after the loan start date. Refer to your loan documentation for your specific payment terms.
We may need to reschedule your installation in the event of a conflict such as poor weather. If we do need to reschedule, you’ll be contacted by a Tesla Advisor to find another suitable date for installation.
Next Steps After Installation
After the installation, you will be contacted to go through a final building inspection. After that, we will need to receive permission to operate (PTO) from your utility. Track your order in your Tesla Account at any time to see your status and next steps.