- What to Expect After Installation
- Connecting to Tesla Solar Inverter
- Turning On Your System
- Monitoring Your System
- Understanding System Performance
- Troubleshooting Your System
- Requesting and Scheduling Service
- Removal & Reinstallation
- Transferring Ownership of Your Solar System
- Systems Affected by Natural Disaster or Force Majeure Event
Prepare for Solar Roof Installation
Now that you’ve ordered your Solar Roof, we will take it from here. While we plan for installation, you can track your order in your Tesla Account. Once your installation date has been scheduled, these are the things you will need to plan for.
Note: We may need to reschedule your installation in the event of a conflict such as poor weather. If rescheduling is necessary, you will be contacted to find another suitable date for installation. If you need to reschedule your installation, you can do so in your Tesla Account.
Before We Arrive
- Take time to review your design and go over any questions you may have with one of our Advisors.
- If you are part of a Homeowner’s Association (HOA), make sure you have approval before we arrive to install. You are responsible for any fees that your HOA may charge should you allow us to install without HOA approval.
- Let us know if any work has been done to your home since you ordered your system.
- Clear your driveway and the area around your electrical equipment prior to your installation date. This may include removing or trimming back trees or bushes to provide our crew safe access when on site.
- Make arrangements so that no other contractors or workers are on site during installation. If other workers are on site, we cannot start installation.
- Someone 18 years or older must be home for the first day of installation.
- For safety reasons, we will need to shut off power for several hours during your installation. As this will likely impact your internet connection, please make necessary arrangements for work from home and distance learning prior to your installation date.
- Your installation may take up to two weeks.
- The Solar Roof installation process requires that we have a dumpster on your property for the first few days of installation.
- Keep pets and children away from the installation area for their safety.
- Have your Wi-Fi network name and password on hand.
When Payment Is Due
Your final payment is due following inspection.
Refer to your loan documentation for your specific payment terms.